It’s no secret that finding a good web host is essential for any website.
But with so many web hosting companies to choose from, it can be challenging to know which one is the best.
Hostinger is a web hosting provider that small businesses and entrepreneurs should consider.
It is one of the most affordable platforms on the market and offers a wide range of features that can be useful for growing businesses.
In this article, we will take a complete look at this web host.
Their prices and features, pros and cons, FAQs, and our verdict.
Hostinger Review: Web Hosting at a Glance
|Overall performance grade||A+|
|Types of accommodation||Shared, Cloud, WordPress, VPS, Minecraft|
|Basic Plan Features||1 website, 30 GB SSD storage, 1 email account.|
What is Hostinger?
Hostinger is committed to providing the best web hosting services to its customers.
From building a website to managing and running it, you can do it all seamlessly and quickly with Hostinger.
This web hosting service platform has been around for quite some time.
You can trace its first activity back to November 2004, on Hosting Media.
In 2007, it started offering a free web hosting service under 000webhost.com.
The company leveled up from there and started operating as Hostinger in 2011.
In addition to launching its paid hosting plans, it also introduced its self-designed control panel.
Committing to offering the best web hosting service for newbies and people on a budget, Hostinger achieved its first 10 million mark just a few years later.
Hostinger also became the fastest-growing web hosting company in the world.
The Importance of Web Hosting Services
You may be thinking, “Why should I care about this and how will it affect my online business?”
Imagine your web hosting as the foundation of a building.
The stronger and more reliable it is, the better.
Selecting the right hosting provider will give you the opportunity to focus on other aspects of your business while confident that your website is in good hands.
So if you want to build a website with ease and worry less about downtime, choose a great web hosting service like Hostinger.
Why Choose Hostinger Over Other Web Hosting Providers
What makes Hostinger stand out from other web hosting providers is its ability to provide nearly the same performance as some of the more expensive platforms out there.
It can provide the same 99.9% uptime, free SSL security, 24/7 support, and more that you can get from Siteground and A2 hosting.
Also, it is suitable for beginners but can also cater to more experienced professionals.
Also, Hostinger offers a wider range of hosting services than others.
Bluehost and iPage don’t offer cloud hosting, but Hostinger does.
Siteground does not offer VPS hosting, but you can get it from Hostinger.
You can choose from the best web hosting plans and see which one is right for you.
Things Cheaper web hosting services usually sacrifice uptime and loading speed, so buying them will only be stressful.
I’ve seen reviews saying this mostly happens with GoDaddy and IONOS.
Although Hostinger has its drawbacks, it performs better than the two web hosts mentioned.
Let’s talk about some of its pros and cons so you have a better understanding of what you will love and hate about this tool.
Hosting Pros and Cons
Pro: Fast Loading Time.
in a KISSmetrics survey, 40% of users said they would leave a site if it didn’t load within three seconds.
Are you one of the 40%?
It shows how vital page speed is to your website.
Not everyone has the patience to wait for it to load.
They will most likely see other search results and you will lose traffic and sales.
A Google expert said that the ideal loading time is two seconds.
Can Hostinger help meet this requirement?
The answer is yes.
This web server promised speed and reliability to its users.
And we don’t want to tell you this without checking the facts.
So we searched for three websites that were using Hostinger and I gave them a try.
The first site we tested is cracksurl.com, which has monthly traffic of 8,753.
Here are the results:
- PageSpeed Insight Test: Passed the Core Web Vitals Assessment and scored the following:
- Largest Content Painting (LCP): 2 seconds
- First Input Delay (FID) – 29ms
- Cumulative Layout Change (CLS) – 0.00
- GT Metrix: Earned a performance grade of A or 90%.
- domain: The website load time is quite fast at 574ms and a B performance rating.
Next, we tried worldindustries.com. It has a good domain authority and receives almost 40,000 monthly visitors.
These are the test results:
- PageSpeed Insights: Passed the Core Web Vitals assessment and scored amazingly on the following aspects:
- LCP: 1.9 seconds
- FID: 3 milliseconds
- CLS – 0.00
- GT Metrix: Earned an A grade and a 95% score for the performance. The central web vital score that measures user experience is also good.
- Mastery: This is where it fell a bit behind and got a C performance grade. However, the load time is still good at 848ms.
The latest site for this upload speed test is scamowners.com. It has about 1,500 visitors a month.
This is what we got from the test:
- PageSpeed Insights: Passed the Essential Web Assessment with the following score:
- LCP: 2.6 seconds
- FID: 15 milliseconds
- CLS: 0.00
- GT Metrix: The performance score is only 79%, but the website structure is at 85% and the site got a B rating.
- Mastery: Although it scored a C on this test, the load time was only 504ms. Some other factors could have affected the performance score.
The above results show that the loading time, interactivity, and visual stability of the websites are good.
They load fast enough for your visitors and provide a good user experience.
Editor’s Note: Performance and results on GTMetrix and Pingdom may change based on a test location. You can modify this before starting the test.
The main reason Hostinger makes it fast is that it has a total of seven servers around the world.
On top of that, developers are constantly updating their systems to ensure that their users get the best service.
Some of them are:
- Switching from HDD to SSD for faster storage;
- Keep the PHP version updated to increase the speed of the site. It currently supports PHP 8, which is the current version;
- Making sure that the web hosting is optimized for the WordPress site to serve WordPress users from all over the world.
Pro: Handles Stress Very Well.
Stress refers to the amount of traffic your website is currently receiving.
If you’re expecting a surge in traffic due to a product launch OR unexpected traffic due to a viral post, then your website needs to be able to handle that stress.
Websites that cannot handle the sudden influx of traffic will result in long load times or worse, crashes.
And we don’t want that to happen.
Hostinger can handle sudden traffic very well.
They have a system in place to ensure their website doesn’t get shut down.
However, you should also take into account your plan’s monthly visit limit.
Pro: Deliver Pages to Visitors Faster with Litespeed Caching.
Caching is a technique or system for storing a copy of the web page on the user’s computer.
For example, if the user revisits a website, the cached copy will be used instead of downloading the entire page from the server.
Also, when you make updates to your web pages, it is automatically updated on the user’s computer.
Why is Caching Important?
Caching can speed up page loading and improve user experience.
Pages that load faster mean users are more likely to stick around and browse your site, resulting in increased traffic and conversions.
Not enabling the cache will require everything to be reloaded each time, so your website will load slower.
Speed is essential for both user experience and search engines.
Because of this, page caching can also affect your ranking.
Faster-loading pages are more likely to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs).
So how does Hostinger go above and beyond other web hosts?
LiteSpeed Cache Plugin
Well, there is this app called LiteSpeed Cache Plugin.
It is the software known to help websites increase their page speed and improve their performance.
With other web hosts, you must first download the plugin before accessing its features.
However, if you buy Hostinger’s, it’s already integrated.
You just need to do a quick setup, which Hostinger provides a step-by-step process on, and activate it in your hPanel.
With LiteSpeed’s built-in caching, you don’t need to worry about the speed of your website as it will do its job automatically in the background.
There is no need to download any additional caching plugins as this tool will suffice.
Pro: Affordable Pricing Plans.
Hostinger offers the best starter hosting plans among web hosting companies.
And it also provides one of the cheapest renewal costs.
Even your closest competitors like Bluehost and iPage can’t beat this.
Let’s compare their lowest hosting plans and see the difference.
Bluehost’s introductory price is $2.95/month for a 36-month contract.
However, after that, the renewal fee goes up to $8.99/month for the same period. That’s a difference of $217.44.
The same goes for iPage. iPage offers a lower introductory price at $1.99/month for a 3-year term.
But after that, the renewal price will cost you $7.99/mo.
Starting at $71.64, you need to pay $287.64 in total to use iPage for another three years.
However, with Hostinger, single shared hosting is only $1.39/month, and you can get a longer contract period of 4 years.
And after that, the renewal price for the same contract is $3.99/mo.
The numbers show that you can save more with Hostinger’s hosting plans.
- Easy to use interface. The developers built their control panel with beginners in mind and not techies. The layout is minimal but powerful as everything you need is organized in one place.
- Free website builder and free domain. Hostinger also offers a free website builder and a free one-year domain. Although the website builder is not as good as the other web hosts, it is enough to create a responsive and professional-looking site with no coding required.
- Multilingual support and data centers in the US, Europe, and Asia. Their support team can understand 11 languages, including Chinese, French, Thai, Lithuanian, and Spanish. They also have seven data centers around the world to ensure that your website runs smoothly, no matter the location.
Con: hPanel is Simple and Pretty Basic.
A control panel works on the back end of your website.
It’s where you can access and manage your domains, email accounts, files, apps, and other essential features.
hPanel is Hostinger’s own control panel.
It is the counterpart of the most used cPanel.
Some of the features included in hPanel are the following:
- Auto installer and easy install feature for 50+ apps.
- Database and file manager to edit, create and import databases with just a few clicks.
- An account manager to access nameservers, IP addresses, and other technical data.
- DNS Zone Editor for HostingerWeb hosting users can change their DNS records for their domains.
- PHP configuration function to choose which script you would like to use for your website.
- A Site Migration Access to help you transfer an existing site to this web host.
- Email Account Settings to view your email accounts and request new ones.
- Website and domain manager to access and modify your website and domain files.
For beginners, hPanel is good enough as it provides all the essential features to run a website fully.
It’s clean, organized, and easy to use so you don’t feel overwhelmed by all the tools.
Also, hPanel is free when you use Hostinger’s cPanel web hosting service, but cPanel isn’t available to everyone, and it can be quite expensive depending on what you need.
If you are a more advanced user, you may be missing hPanel.
In this case, cPanel can provide more flexibility.
It offers a virus scanner, website cloning, backup settings, mail filters and routing, and third-party tools.
However, cPanel can be quite overwhelming and outdated.
Con: Customer Service is Slow to Respond.
Hostinger mentioned that they offer 24/7/365 support.
But, their customer support is usually offline and responds to queries much slower than other web hosts.
It offers live chat support for Hostinger users, but you have to wait an hour or more before you get a response.
It may or may not be a minor criticism depending on your point of view.
However, it won’t hurt if you are someone who can wait a few hours, as they mainly help you resolve the issue.
Con: Non-Standard Payment Terms and Refund Policy.
Yes, Hostinger provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
But there is a chance that he may not get a full refund.
There are some exceptions, and I advise you to read Hostinger’s Refund Policy to avoid any issues after purchasing the tool.
Here are some terms to keep in mind:
- All hosting plans, domain transfers (except .eu and .es), and SSL certificates are refundable.
- SEO toolkit, Google Workspace Email, privacy protection, redemption fees, and domain name renewals are non-refundable.
- All transactions and products purchased with cryptocurrencies and other digital tokens are so please make sure you can attend and if you can’t.
Keep this in mind before proceeding.
Hostinger Pricing and Features
Before we discuss shared hosting pricing plans, here are the other best web hosting services that Hostinger offers:
- Cloud Hosting – More reliable and expensive than shared hosting. Cloud hosting is the closest you can get if you want something powerful like dedicated server hosting.
- VPS Hosting – Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting is web hosting that uses a virtual machine to host your website. VPS hosting plans are perfect for businesses that expect higher traffic.
- WordPress Hosting – Provides more advanced features for WordPress websites.
- Email Hosting: This is for creating and managing emails for your business.
- cPanel Hosting – Provides a more flexible and reliable control panel for your website.
Unique Shared Hosting
Beginners can get the most out of this shared web hosting plan.
But compared to the top two web hosting plans, you are limited.
For as little as $1.99/per month, you can still get the basic features like a free SSL certificate, 24/7 customer support, hPanel access, and 99.9% uptime.
It will not be a challenge to manage your site.
However, you can only create one website, one email account, and two subdomains.
Not ideal if you plan to produce more content on different topics or create subpages.
Also, the Single plan only allows you to park two domains, and you won’t get a free domain for one year like the top two options.
The storage speed is also limited to 30 GB and you can only store up to 100 GB of bandwidth.
So if you plan to upload videos and store heavy media formats, this might not be enough.
But do not worry.
You can upgrade your plan once your business and visitors grow.
If you want to save more for this plan, you can choose the longer contract, which is 48 months.
- The Single plan has a free SSL certificate, 24/7 customer support, and 99.9% uptime.
- You can access 30 GB SSD storage speed and 100 GB bandwidth.
- You can only create one website, one email account, and two subdomains.
- Depending on the contract period, the price can vary from $9.99/month to $1.99/month.
- Does not include one year of a free domain.
Premium Shared Hosting
The Premium plan is perfect for those creators and professionals who have a growing audience.
It provides more flexible limitations like 100 websites, 100GB SSD storage, and unlimited bandwidth for as little as $2.99/month.
A higher SSD and unmetered bandwidth allow users like you and your visitors to access data faster.
With this plan, you can host up to 25,000 monthly visitors.
These are useful for businesses and for individuals who are expecting increased traffic.
You can create up to 100 free email accounts and subdomains.
Also, a free domain for one year.
Email accounts are valuable if you plan to create different emails for your business to organize the flow of messages you receive.
In addition to unmetered bandwidth, you’ll get unlimited databases that you can use to store different types of content.
You can use this space for lead capture forms, feedback forms, inventory, email addresses, etc.
The price of the Premium plan can go as high as $11.99/month if you choose the monthly contract, but it can go as high as $2.99/month for the 48-month contract.
Some features that are missing from premium web hosting are Cloudflare CDN, daily backups, and the WordPress staging tool.
- The Premium plan offers everything from unique but better-shared hosting.
- You can add up to 100 websites, email accounts, and subdomains.
- You can access 100 SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, and unlimited databases.
- Free domain for one year included.
- Prices range from $2.99/month to $11.99/month.
Business Shared Hosting
Although you will not access unlimited websites, the Business plan’s SSD storage and monthly visitor capacity are larger than the previous ones.
For just $4.99/month, you can get up to 200 GB of SSD storage and accommodate 100,000 monthly visits for four years.
It is a better option if you are running a medium to large-scale business.
It also has the Cloudflare CDN that the Single and Premium plan lacks.
This feature increases the loading time and buffers of your videos, regardless of the location of your visitor.
The Business plan also provides daily backups and a WordPress staging tool.
The WordPress staging tool allows you to test changes and new features on a clone of your website before implementing them on the live site.
You can avoid major problems in case something goes wrong after the modification.
If you choose to pay monthly, it will cost you $16.99/month and comes with a $4.99 setup fee.
The setup fee is also included in the monthly plan options of the Single and Premium shared hosting plans.
- Enterprise shared hosting provides everything found in the Premium hosting plan plus Cloudflare CDN, daily backups, and WordPress staging tool.
- You will get access to 100 websites and subdomains, 200 GB of SSD storage, and accommodate up to 100,000 XNUMX monthly visitors.
- Pricing for the Business plan can be as expensive as $16.99/month or as cheap as $4.99/month.
If you decide Hostinger is not for you, don’t worry.
There are many other great options to choose from:
Bluehost: Most Popular Web Host
Bluehost is a well-known web hosting company praised for its simple and easy-to-use platform.
All plans include a free domain for the first year, free data CDN, and a free SSL certificate.
Its reliable uptime is backed by real-life data and users get access to an easy website builder.
Shared web hosting starts at $2.95/month, which already comes with resource protection and basic backup functionalities.
Hostgator: Web Hosting with a Website Builder
Hostgator is a popular US-based web hosting solution.
They have been around since 2002 and have made their mark, by offering low and competitive prices.
Starting at $2.75 a month, you can expect to host a website, connect a custom domain, and have an SSL certificate.
Also, Hostgator boasts a good uptime speed, so you can be sure of its reliability.
You’ll also get access to an AI-powered website builder, so you can set up a WordPress site in a few clicks.
Hostgator’s drawbacks lie in its poor customer service.
For example, they have notoriously long wait times for their support chats.
Additionally, customers have complained that their team did not have a good technical understanding of website management.
Also, as noted above, they have one of the slowest website speeds of all the competitors listed here.
Siteground: Best Shared Host Customer Support
SiteGround is a great option if you’re looking for fast website speeds and reliable uptime, as they reign supreme in both areas.
It is another Europe-based provider that is gradually gaining popularity for its fast and cheap hosting services.
Their $2.99 (per month) starter plan gets you a website, SSL, and CDN certificate.
You also receive free daily backups, access to their website builder tool, and free firewall security built right into your website.
Finally, they also have WooCommerce integration options available.
On the downside, Siteground only offers shared hosting plans.
they do not provide VPS or dedicated servers.
Its resource space is also considerably limited (10 GB) compared to the competitors.
Also, it does not offer a free domain name
Among the hosting providers on the market, Hostinger is one of our favorites.
We hope the information we provided above is enough to convince you why it’s worth your money.
So if you are looking for a shared hosting service that is affordable, reliable, and easy to use – Hostinger is a perfect choice.
Right now, they are offering a discount promotion, and this is a great opportunity to start building your website, so don’t miss it!
Q: is Hostinger secure?
Yes. Hostinger is a secure and reliable web hosting provider. They have been in the industry for over 18 years and have a good reputation. They provide a free SSL certificate, 24/7 server security, DDoS protection, and website backups. These guarantee your security, that of your website and that of your visitors to avoid any data loss and information theft.
Q: How good is Hostinger?
Hostinger is a reputable web hosting company, and even with its affordable price, the plans and features are pretty impressive. It got satisfactory rates from different review websites. Here are a few to name a few:
– TrustPilot – 4.2/5 of 3,143 reviews
– G2 – 4/5 of 139 reviews
– Capterra – 4.6/5 of 183 reviews
Q: Where are Hostinger’s servers located?
At the time of writing, Hostinger has seven servers around the world. They have servers in the Netherlands, Lithuania, the UK, Singapore, India, the US, and Brazil.
Q: Is Hostinger really good?
Hostinger is generally considered to be a reliable and affordable web hosting provider.
Hostinger offers a variety of hosting plans, including shared hosting, VPS hosting, and cloud hosting, with competitive pricing and good performance.
They also provide a user-friendly control panel, 24/7 customer support, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
That being said, there may be other web hosting providers that are better suited for specific needs and requirements.
It’s always a good idea to do your own research and compare different options before making a decision.
Q: Is Hostinger owned by Google?
No, Hostinger is not owned by Google.
Hostinger is an independent web hosting company founded in 2004 by Arnas Stuopelis and has since grown into a global brand with millions of customers worldwide.
Google, on the other hand, is a multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, including search engines, online advertising technologies, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
While Google offers web hosting services through its Google Cloud Platform, it is not affiliated with Hostinger.
Q: Which one is better Hostinger or GoDaddy?
Both Hostinger and GoDaddy are popular web hosting providers that offer a range of hosting plans and services.
Ultimately, which one is better for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences.
Here are some key differences to consider:
- Pricing: Hostinger generally offers lower pricing for their hosting plans compared to GoDaddy.
- Features: Hostinger offers a variety of features such as a website builder, free SSL certificates, and WordPress optimization, while GoDaddy offers more domain name options and website backup and restore services.
- User interface: Hostinger provides a simpler and more intuitive user interface, while GoDaddy’s interface can be overwhelming for beginners.
- Customer support: Both companies offer 24/7 customer support, but Hostinger’s support team is generally more responsive and helpful.
Overall, Hostinger may be a better option if you’re looking for affordable hosting with user-friendly features, while GoDaddy may be a better choice if you need more domain options and backup services.
However, it’s always a good idea to do your own research and compare the plans and features that are most important to you before making a decision.
Thanks for Reading.