Flexible and agile, cloud hosting is quickly becoming the go-to solution for businesses seeking stable yet affordable hosting opportunities.
Thanks to its versatile nature, cloud hosting ensures that business leaders can quickly and easily adapt to the changing demands of their website visitors.
If one of your products suddenly becomes the next big thing, cloud hosting will allow you to handle the spike in traffic easily without having to upgrade your service in advance.
Cloud hosting is currently growing at an impressive rate, poised to reach a value of $947.3 billion by 2026, growing at over 15.7% per year.
The question is, which cloud host is better?
What is The Best Cloud Hosting Solution?
There is a multitude of great cloud hosting options on the market today, each with its own unique benefits to offer.
We have chosen our cloud hosting solution based on the flexibility of service, price, and a host of other factors.
Best Overall and the Best Value for the Money
Hostinger is the number one cloud web hosting option for offering high-quality hosting at competitive prices.
The company is constantly offering new discounts and deals for beginners, to ensure you can get up and running quickly.
Hostinger also offers a phenomenal 99.9% uptime guarantee.
With a variety of plans to choose from, Hostinger enables businesses of all backgrounds to set up a great hosted experience to suit their needs.
You get 24/7 support and fantastic service, even on the lowest price plans.
Also, each client receives a dedicated IP with their package.
The hPanel on Hostinger is intuitive and easy to use, even if you are new to the Hostinger landscape.
There are even free SSL and daily backups available for your cloud hosting if you need extra peace of mind.
- Excellent customer service: Exceptional support is offered as part of every plan, so you don’t have to worry if something goes wrong with your service.
- 99.9% Uptime – Hostinger provides peace of mind with a consistent level of uptime and exceptional speed.
- Free SSL and Dedicated IP: Freebies like a free SSL, dedicated IP, and even a free domain name mean you get more value for money.
The longer you spend with Hostinger, the less you pay to renew.
To get started, there are three packages to choose from:
- Cloud Startup $9.99 per month
- Cloud Professional – $18.99 per month
- Cloud Enterprise: $69.99 per month
2. A2 Hosting
Best for a Fast Website
If speed is what you need most from a hosting provider, A2 Hosting offers some of the fastest solutions on the market.
A2’s cloud options are fully customizable to suit your various business needs, and all are designed to load pages as quickly as possible.
You will be able to access features like cPanel within A2 hosting, but there is an additional expense associated with this.
On the plus side, you get a powerful 99.9% uptime guarantee and a money-back guarantee for peace of mind.
As an added bonus, A2 hosting offers exceptional customer service.
It’s hard to find much to complain about with this hosting provider when even the simplest plans come with things like 12 CPU cores, 250GB of storage, and 32GB of RAM.
- Sensational Speed – A2 Hosting is all about blazing-fast hosting and load times, so you can be sure your site will perform at its best. It is up to 20 times faster than the competition
- Excellent customer service: The Guru Crew support service is available to offer assistance whenever you need it, any day of the year.
- Guarantees: The A2 Hosting team offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee, as well as a money-back guarantee that you can access at any time.
A2 Hosting Prices
A2 Hosting prices start at $5, $10, and $15 per month respectively, but you can specifically pay only for the services you used depending on how you set up your services.
Accessing cPanel costs another $19.95 per month and is not available with the lowest price plan.
Best Managed Cloud Hosting
Nubes is among the most popular cloud web hosting providers on the market for a reason.
The highly flexible hosting provider allows users to customize their cloud services as they wish.
You can even deploy your servers yourself in a choice of 25+ global locations, and you can also choose your region and city.
Cloudways can also offer a variety of options for how you want to access their cloud hosting services.
As a managed cloud host, the solution can manage control of the server on your behalf.
Plus, you can choose from a variety of CMS options like WordPress, Adobe Commerce (formerly Magento), and Drupal.
Excellent customer service and support are other highlights of Cloudways.
The solution comes with access to year-round support and even 24/7 real-time monitoring to ensure your site never stops working as it should.
- Versatile range of options: Configure your cloud hosting environment the way you like it with an innovative control panel, support for all PHP applications, and unlimited applications.
- Real-time monitoring and security: Cloudways offers 24/7/365 support with automated backups and managed security to keep your business safe.
- Scalable performance: The optimized hosting stack comes with a built-in CDN, as well as PHP 7.3-ready servers and self-healing functionality.
Cloudways offers pay-as-you-go pricing to fit your budget, which differs based on a variety of factors.
For example, you’ll get a different price depending on whether you’re using an AWS or Google Cloud data center.
Digital Ocean data centers start at $10 per month for the basic plan or $12 per month for the premium service.
Premium solutions come with additional features, such as a Cloudflare plugin.
The Best Budget Option
If budget is your main concern when choosing cloud web hosting services, Hostgator has you covered.
One of the most affordable web hosting solutions on the market, Hostgator offers a fantastic range of packages to suit every need, as well as gifts like a free domain and an SSL certificate.
Hostgator Programs The environment is not only affordable for cloud hosting newbies but can also be extremely reliable, with 99.99% uptime and consistent performance no matter what happens on your site.
Hostgator’s control panel even makes it easier to monitor your site’s performance.
With scalable support available with just a click, Hostgator is ideal for growing brands, and it even comes with extra features you can’t get from other providers, like free SEO tools and a dedicated IP.
As a bonus, there’s plenty of one-on-one support to get you started.
- Multiple free features: The packages come with free domains, free site transfers, your own dedicated IP, an SSL certificate, and even SEO tools to help you stand out online.
- Easy Back-End: Hostgator Programs The environment is extremely easy to use, with one-click installs and an admin interface where you can keep track of various metrics.
- Unmetered Bandwidth: Access the freedom you need to grow your business at the rate that’s right for your customers.
Hostgator’s pricing is cheaper if you choose the 36-month contracts, giving you a 45% lower overall price. Options include:
- Hatchling: Starting at $4.95 with 2 CPUs, 2 GB of memory, and a single domain
- Baby plan: From $6.57 with 4 CPUs, 4 GB of memory, and unlimited domains
- Business plan: starting at $9.95 with 6 CPUs, 6 GB of memory, and unlimited domains
Best for E-commerce Sites
Designed by Liquid Web company, Nexcess promises convenient, fully managed hosting with minimal stress.
The company specializes in plans optimized for the world’s leading platforms, including WordPress and WooCommerce, as well as Adobe Commerce (formerly Magento).
Nexcess’s leading cloud hosting service is fantastic for businesses looking to scale.
The specific plans available may vary depending on your choice of CMS.
Nexcess also has the exclusive Cloud Accelerator, an additional layer in the cloud stack perfect for increasing load times.
With a dedicated support team available to help your business 24/7, Nexcess offers extraordinary peace of mind.
The company is also a great choice if you want access to valuable “bonus” features with your eCommerce store, such as premium WooCommerce plugins.
- Scalable design: The scalable ecosystem is ideal for growing eCommerce sites with one-click autoscaling, 99.99% uptime, and PHP optimization.
- Speed: The Nexcess service comes with near-instant asset caching, automatic platform, and plugin updates, customizable technology stacks, and container plugins.
- Security and support: Support teams are available 24/7, along with exceptional monitoring alerts, PCI certification, proactive updates and patches, and SSL certificates.
Nexcess’s pricing is adjusted for online businesses, making it a bit more expensive than some of the options on the market. Options include:
- XS: $49 per month: 20 concurrent users, 50G, 1TB of bandwidth, and 10 child domains
- S: $99 per month: 40 concurrent 75GB users, 15 child domains, and 2TB of bandwidth.
- M: $179 per month: 60 concurrent users, 125 GB, 20 child domains, and 3 TB of bandwidth.
- L: $299 per month: 80 concurrent users, 400 GB, 30 child domains, 5 TB, 20 VCPUs, and 20 GB RAM
- XL: $549 per month: 100 concurrent users, 600 GB, 40 child domains, 8 TB bandwidth, 26 VCPUs, 26 GB RAM.
- XXL: $849 per month: 120 concurrent users, 800 GB, 50 child domains, 10 TB of bandwidth, 32 VCPUs, and 32 GB of RAM.
The Best for Excellent Customer Service
Siteground is ideal for companies looking for a scalable experience with a lot of participation.
Siteground can help users through everything from phone and live chat, to email, as well as offering a solid uptime guarantee of around 99.98%.
The provider has a solid reputation for being reliable and trustworthy.
Siteground can make hosting your website easier and simpler, with a variety of managed services to manage your account for you.
You can also access a range of great customization options, including the ability to turn on autoscaling and add CPU or RAM resources at any time.
You can create your own cloud plan based on your specific needs and adjust your resources to keep costs down in a matter of minutes.
Free webmaster tools are also available, such as a dedicated IP, free CDN, and free SSL.
- Exceptional Customer Service – Siteground is a leader in fantastic customer service, with 24/7 help center support and extremely fast response and resolution times.
- Security Features: There are several great security features such as smart WAF, 24/7 system management, and distributed backups to keep sites safe.
- Various webmaster tools: Get a dedicated IP, free SSL, free CDN, dedicated backups, private DNS, and other features as part of your plan.
You can configure your own cloud according to the resources you need, or use basic plans such as:
- Quick Start: Starting at $100 per month: 4 CPUs, 8 GB memory, 40 GB SSD space, and 5 TB data transfer.
- Enterprise Cloud – Starting at $200 per month: 8 CPU, 16 GB memory, 80 GB SSD space, 5 TB data transfer.
- Business plus cloud: Starting at $300/mo: 12 CPU, 16 GB memory, 120 GB SSD space, and 5 TB data transfer.
- Superpower: Starting at $400 per month: 16 CPUs, 160 GB of SSD space, and 20 GB of memory, plus 5 TB of data transfer
Best for Custom Resource Allocation
Scala Hosting offers a convenient cloud VPS experience for clients, with all the granular management you would expect from a VPS hosting package, with the scalability of a cloud environment.
What really makes the company stand out from the crowd is its commitment to personalization and helping customers achieve the perfect cloud experience.
Scala is one of the few hosting providers that allows users to configure a specific set of resources before signing up.
While you can easily choose one of the company’s pre-set pricing plans, the custom package option is ideal for companies with specific needs.
Scala Hosting also offers a range of add-on plugins, from LiteSpeed domains to cPanel licenses, depending on your requirements.
You can choose your preferred data center location and operating system on self-managed plans.
- Custom configuration: Choose everything from what kind of resources you need to where you want to host your data and even what kind of operating systems you want to use.
- Exceptional Fully Managed Services: If you want Scala to handle the tough parts of cloud hosting for you, there’s easy access to a variety of managed options.
- Unmetered Bandwidth: Scala hosting provides unmetered bandwidth on all of its packages, so you can scale as fast as you need.
Scala Hosting Prices
As mentioned above, you can create your own package from scratch or choose between:
- Cloud Managed VPS Plans – Starting at $14.95 per month and going up to $152.95 per month with 2-9 cores, 4-18 GB RAM, and 50-230 GB SSD storage.
- Self-Managed Cloud VPS – Starting at $59 per month for 4-24 CPU cores, 8-64GB of RAM, and 240GB to 2TB of SSD storage.
Cloud Hosting Buyers Guide
What is Cloud Hosting?
Cloud hosting is a form of hosting that is gaining a lot of attention in recent years.
In a traditional environment, a site is typically hosted on a single server; this could be a server you own or one you share with a variety of other tenants.
With cloud hosting, your web server is not connected to a specific location, but instead, the resources are distributed across multiple cloud servers.
In a cloud hosting environment, each cloud server will be responsible for various tasks, but they are also equipped with redundancies.
This means that if one cloud server fails, another will automatically complement your services.
Cloud hosting can offer an added level of security and peace of mind for those who need to ensure that their website continues to perform at its best, no matter what.
You’re not putting all your hosting requirements in one basket, so you have more flexibility if something goes wrong.
What are the Benefits of Cloud Hosting?
The best cloud hosting solutions offer a number of convenient benefits for today’s business owners.
From better server uptime to better profitability, you can achieve a lot with the right hosting solution.
Some of the advantages of cloud web hosting services include:
- Increased server uptime: The performance of your website is directly related to the server uptime; Fortunately, cloud hosting ensures that there are additional systems in place to keep your site up and running if a server fails.
- Cost savings: Cloud hosting has none of the costs associated with building infrastructure and you can access advanced performance for a lower price.
- Enhanced Security: With traditional hosting, resources are shared between multiple websites. With cloud hosting, you get multiple layers of security and protection. Most providers offer everything from encryption to backup recovery.
- Scalability: Cloud hosting simplifies the allocation of resources in your environment with the emerging needs of each business. You can add additional bandwidth and other features based on your needs.
- No Fixed Location: Cloud hosting servers available over the Internet with a connection to any Internet-centric or mobile device in the world.
- Innovation: Cloud hosting providers are better equipped to take advantage of the latest technologies. Users can automatically integrate and customize software applications based on business needs and preferences.
Cloud hosting is also eco-friendly.
You can reduce your carbon footprint and eliminate the need to rely on internal servers.
What to Look for in The Best Cloud Hosting?
The best cloud hosting solution will always depend on your specific needs.
Some people will be looking for the best possible price, without compromising performance, while others will want access to innovation and new features with their cloud provider.
When looking at the cloud web hosting services available for your business, think about:
- Scalability: A cloud hosting solution must be able to grow with your business at a rapid rate. This means making sure that you can upgrade the functionality of your cloud hosting solution at any time, without having to start from scratch. Look for a provider that doesn’t limit you to just one package.
- Reliability: Reliability is an important consideration for any business investing in hosting solutions. You will need to ensure that your cloud solution comes with a range of servers and data centers around the world capable of offering failover support if something goes wrong with your performance. A good 99.99% uptime guarantee is a great thing to look for.
- Security – While cloud web hosting can naturally be more secure than other hosting options, it is worth looking into additional security services that your hosting provider may implement. Consider not only encryption and software-based security features, but also existing protection for physical security.
- Cost Efficiency: The right cloud hosting solution should ensure that you get a phenomenal level of service at the lowest possible price. Don’t just look for low costs, make sure you get the service you need at the best price possible.
Choosing the Best Cloud Hosting
There is no single solution to choosing the best cloud hosting.
There is a multitude of great options on the market, all with their own pros and cons to consider.
The right solution for you will depend on the security, scalability, and innovative features you need.
Solutions like Scala Hosting give companies more control over custom resource allocation but require more technical knowledge.
Nexcess is ideal for eCommerce sites looking to scale, although it can be expensive, while Hostgator offers a cheaper solution for beginners.
If you’re looking for the best-managed cloud hosting, Nubes offers a fantastic hand through the hosting process.
Alternatively, Hostinger offers the best overall experience in terms of value for money, excellent customer service, and great uptime.
Do you have your own experiences with these cloud hosting services?
Share your thoughts on cloud web hosting in the comments below.
Thanks for Reading
Frequently Asked Questions about Cloud Hosting
Q: How does cloud hosting work?
Cloud hosting is a hosting solution that takes advantage of a network of virtual servers that access resources from a variety of physical servers. Instead of running a program or task on one machine, workloads are split across multiple machines, allowing for greater flexibility and redundancy.
Q: Who would benefit from cloud hosting?
Cloud web hosting services are typically better suited for larger businesses that need scalability. If you run a store and aren’t sure when you might see changes in demand for your products and services, your cloud hosting solution will allow you to adapt at the right pace.
Q: Are there disadvantages to cloud hosting?
Cloud hosting can be a great option if you need scalability and flexibility. However, it can be more expensive than a standard shared hosting environment.
Q: Is cloud hosting the same as VPS hosting?
With a VPS hosting solution, you get a sliced part of a server that you can customize to your needs. However, with dedicated cloud hosting, you are not limited to the resources of a single server. Instead, you can access features from a variety of machines.